Posted by: marcia - Posted on:
If you have any COVID-19 Symptoms please arrange a PCR Test via 119 or the link below.
IF YOU HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH US AND YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OR ARE AWAITING A PCR RESULT DO NOT come into practice – please call us and we will change your appointment to a telephone slot.
A lateral Flow test is not to be used if you have symptoms – it is a simple way to test people who do not have symptoms of COVID-19, but who may still be spreading the virus.
SYMPTOMS OF COVID-19 have not changed – they are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of COVID-19, even if they’re mild:
- Get a PCR test (test that is sent to a lab) to check if you have COVID-19 as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors (self-isolate) until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test. Check if people you live with need to self-isolate.